1. Who can join NISA 2022?
The Nanyang International Strings Academy 2022 is open to all string enthusiasts including teachers, instructors, soloists and ensembles! There is no age limit to music making and sharing.
For NISA Music Festival Competition (Live & Online), there will be 2 categories:
Junior: 15 years and below
Open: no age limit
2. Can I participate in both Open and Junior Category?
You may select to participate in either category only.
3. Do we need to submit audition video to join NISA 2022?
There is no audition process for this edition of NISA 2021. Video submission from the participant will be used as a reference by the faculty to craft the learning experience so that participants receive maximum learning experience. To find out how you can best record the video, please see the guidelines here.
4. Is it compulsory to join the competition or concert?
It is an optional programme that allows participants to be showcased through specially curated NISA Music Festival platforms during NISA 2022.
5. Where can I see the judging criteria for the competition?
The performance will be assessed on Musical Expression, Technical Control of the Instrument, Stylistic Awareness.
6. Are we allowed to attend the competition as an audience?
No audience will be allowed on-site. However, the competition will be scheduled for public viewing via Youtube.
7. When will we receive login instructions for the online lessons?
When the registration is completed, you will receive an email with access instructions. Please be sure to test your system prior to the start of the lesson.
8. What do I need to prepare for the on-site lessons?
Please bring along an extra copy of the piece that you will be working on for the lecturer's reference.
9. As an Observer, do I have to pre-register for the lecture conducted by the Faculty?
You do not need to pre-register for the lecture, a link to all lectures will be sent to registered participants after the successful registration.
10. Do we have to submit score for participation of all activities?
Yes, please submit full scores - do not submit only your own part score.
NISA Music Festival
11. Can I take part in the NISA Music Festival without joining the Academy?
No, you must be an Active Participant (Live or Online) to be part of the NISA Music Festival.
12. Can I join NISA Music Festival's Student Concert (Online) or Competition (Online) if I'm an Active Participant (Live)?
Yes, you can also join the Student Concert (Live) and/or Competition (Online), whichever platform you prefer.
However, if you an Active Participant (Online), you will be restricted to NISA Music Festival's online activities only.
13. I have applied, what's next?
We will require you to submit the repertoire & video of the work that you wish to work on during the lesson. If you have chosen to take part in the Student Concert or Competition, the repertoire and video recording for Active Participants (Online) must be submitted to us as well. Please note that all submissions must be received before 15 February.
14. How can I submit my videos if the file size is more than 250mb?
We have provided you two options to submit the video file. You may provide us the link in the form through a file sharing site (such as Dropbox, Google Drive, WeTransfer, Microsoft OneDrive, etc.) and the other to upload your file directly.
Please note that we do not accept any link from video streaming sites such as Youtube, Vimeo, etc.